First Tee Massachusetts is offering Fall Programing at four of its on-course locations: The Links At Mass Golf (Norton), Fenway Golf Center (Springfield), Hyannis Golf Course (Cape Cod) and William J. Devine Golf Course at Franklin Park (Boston).
To register, please visit www.firstteemass.org/register. All participant profiles will be updated with their current level as we know it. You can find your child’s program level when you register by checking this portion of the page:
- All participants will be required to have a waiver signed by their parent or guardian prior to participation in any First Tee class.
- If your child has this waiver signed for the Summer program, it remains in effect through the Fall and a new one is not required.
First Tee certification is a fun and exciting way for participants to demonstrate what they have learned, show off their new golf skills, and make sure they’re ready to move on the next level. This process includes written assessments reviewing Life Skills Appreciation and Golf Knowledge, in addition to playing opportunities to cover their Golf Skills. We will periodically conduct certification days either in class or as a separate event, for participants who are ready and wish to advance through The First Tee Life Skills Experience program. (There is no additional charge to attend a separate certification day.)
In addition to the standard safety practices that are always in place to protect our participants and coaches, the following protocols will be followed due to the risk of COVID-19.
- All participants must have a waiver signed by their parent or guardian prior to participation.
- Participants must arrive at class with their own mask/face covering and any other personal protective equipment (PPE) they feel is necessary. Masks/face coverings WILL NOT be provided.
- Participants and coaches must wear their mask/face covering any time that proper social distancing (minimum of six feet of separation between individuals) cannot be adhered to.
- Class sizes will be limited to a maximum of 24 participants each to ensure a maximum 4-to-1 participant-to-coach ratio, which will accommodate proper social distancing.
- Equipment will not be shared by multiple individuals during a class. Any borrowed equipment will be used by only one individual per class and all equipment will be cleaned at the conclusion of each class.
- Anyone using a bathroom facility will be required to wear a mask/face covering when doing so.
- As always, if a participant, coach, volunteer, or family member is sick or experiencing any symptoms, please do not attend class.
- No one will be allowed to handle flagsticks and any cups will either be slightly raised or have some other device inside of them to keep the ball from falling to the bottom of the cup.
We will do our best to give as much notice as possible if we need to cancel or reschedule a class due to inclement weather. We make every effort not to cancel class unless the situation is deemed to be potentially dangerous. Notifications will be sent out via email by the lead coach onsite, and may be sent as little as one hour prior to the start of class.
We are very excited to offer this Fall program, with the health and safety of everyone involved being our utmost priority.
Please direct any questions to Kyle Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org .